We Are Blood
Austin, TX, United States
Facilities Technician III
$1500 Sign On Bonus!
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area.
Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire
Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as
family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central
Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
Responsible for activities related to preventive maintenance, repair and operations
of various systems supporting facilities and corporate vehicle fleet. Organizing and
communicating facilities activities with all stakeholders both internal and external.
To meet and exceed customer expectations and adhere to established quality
practices while seeking to continually improve work performance.
• Performs all work in a safe and professional manner.
• Provides oversight of facility’s vendors ensuring quality work is delivered in
a timely manner.
• Inspect and monitor building maintenance, operations, and service
• Monitors department daily activities, preventative maintenance programs
and projects to ensure quality and customer expectations are met.
• Conducts regular walk through of the facility to ensure proper maintenance
• Perform or facilitate repairs of all building systems including electrical,
plumbing, hardware, emergency services, HVAC and freezer equipment.
• Perform or facilitate preventive maintenance activities for facilities and
• Ensures all policies and procedures of the facility are enforced.
• Perform or facilitate basic maintenance and repairs to support fleet vehicles
and preventative maintenance.
• Initiates work orders and closes out work orders with appropriate
• Updates the computerized maintenance management system with relevant
information and job procedures.
• Writes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for various job functions.
• Assists the department in budget and invoicing.
• Responsible to meet department safety, productivity, and quality goals.
• Communicate events with management and customers.
• Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed
changes based on process analysis.
• Serve on committees and teams as department representative.
• Completes records and reports as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of facilities/maintenance experience.
• Preventative maintenance methods and procedures.
• Building support service operations and management.
• Strongly prefer knowledge and experience with the following: operations
and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
• Must have a working knowledge of email and Microsoft Word and Excel (or
• Must be familiar with using preventative maintenance (CMMS) software.
• Must have good verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to write standard operating procedures for relevant job tasks.
• Must be able to communicate clear and precise information in emails.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of an acceptable driving
record and insurance.
• Class B CDL license preferred or completed within 90 of employment.
• Excellent customer service skills are required.
• Prefer vendor management experience.
• Must be organized, have attention to detail, be able to work with very little
direct supervision, and have strong communication skills both verbal and
• Must be able to work in a high stress environment.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb a ladder.
• Must be able to lift objects over shoulders and head.
• Must be able to stoop/squat and/or get on hands and knees to inspect
property and equipment.
• Must be able to assimilate information and draw reasonable conclusions.
• Must have the mobility to inspect all areas of the facility including but not
limited to the roof, equipment rooms, crawl spaces in ceilings, grounds, and
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including on-call. The call schedule
requires an immediate response call-back time (within 10 minutes).
• Must be able to make sound judgments.
$1500 Sign On Bonus!
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We Are Blood is a drug free workplace.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out to find out how you
else you can be a part of our Family
Job Type: Full-time