Garden City, KS
Fall 2021 Nurse Residency Program - Western Kansas
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.Flourishing Begins Here
Centura Health is proud to invest in career development for incredible RNs by offering residency programs to new and experienced RNs!
The Nurse Residency Program Fall 2021 Cohort begins on:
November 29, 2021 (RN license required by November 12, 2021)
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible for priority consideration.
Please submit your application, cover letter, and resume for consideration whether you are interested in the Newly Licensed Nurse Residency, ICU RN Residency, ED RN Residency, Perinatal RN Residency, Neonatal RN Residency, Cardiac Catheterization RN Residency and Perioperative RN Residency. In the application you will be asked a series of questions that will indicate what program you would like to pursue.
Nurse Residency Programs offered:
- Newly Licensed Nurse Residency
- The Newly Licensed Nurse Residency Program helps help newly graduated RNs transition from the classroom to thriving as a difference-maker while experiencing a fulfilling and rewarding career. This program Utilizes Vizient's AACN evidence-based curriculum. This program is designed to support new nurses transition to practice, applicants must have received their licensure in the last 12 months and have had no previous acute care RN experience. Nursing students who are nearing graduation are encouraged to apply. All newly licensed nurses will automatically be enrolled in this program with an opportunity participate in a program of their choice below if selected.
- All Newly Licensed RNs joining this program will have a minimum work commitment of 24 months (40hrs/week). The 24 month commitment begins following satisfactory completion of clinical training.
- All Newly Licensed RNs joining this program must sign a Newly Licensed RN training agreement to work Full Time for Centura.
- ICU RN Residency
- The Critical Care (ICU) Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into critical care practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
- ED RN Residency
- The Emergency Department Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into the emergency nursing care practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA).
- Perinatal RN Residency
- The Perinatal Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into perinatal practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the Association of Women's Health, Obstetrics, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
- Neonatal RN Residency
- The Neonatal Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into neonatal practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN).
Cardiac Catheterization RN Residency
- The Cardiac Catheterization Lab/EP Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses and techs into the Cardiac Cath lab and EP environments utilizing a blended learning program called Cath Lab Academy and EP Academy. This program consists of real-world context and active learning incorporating 12 weeks of structured clinical orientation with integration into practice and an ongoing mentoring program throughout the first year of practice."
Perioperative RN Residency
- The Perioperative Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into perioperative practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN). This comprehensive, didactic program utilizes classroom training, skills labs, clinical practice, preceptorship and mentoring, and online modules to prepare nurses for practice in a perioperative setting. The program consists of 10 weeks of structured didactic and clinical orientation, a unit orientation lasting approximately 6 months, and ongoing mentorship throughout the first year of practice.
For more information regarding the application process and FAQ's please visit: https://www.centura.org/nurseresidency.
- Positions are full-time and benefits eligible
- No contract obligation
- Combination of days, evenings, nights and weekends/holidays may be required
- Due to the pre-planned curriculum, time off requests during the first 12 weeks may not be approved
Centura Health locations:
Bob Wilson Memorial Hospital (Ulysses, KS)St Catherine Hospital (Garden City, KS)
A new hire's location will be based on preference, number of openings and offer.
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified external candidates!What You Bring/Job Requirements
What You Bring/Job Requirements:
- Graduate of a School of Nursing
- Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
- RN License required at least 2 weeks prior to cohort start date for Newly Licensed RNs. Current state nursing licenses or RN license from a state participating in the National Licensure Compact for Experienced RNs.
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
RNs with prior acute care experience or who have been licensed for over 12 months are eligible for specialty residency programs only
Physical Requirements: Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Don't forget to check out our benefits!
#LI-CENTURACaring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.