Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner to join our Metro Outpatient Clinic located in North Phoenix! Schedule is based on 8-hour or 10-hour shift Monday through Friday. As a primary care provider, you will provide comprehensive health care for the physical and mental health care of our psychiatric and substance abuse clients under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer. Responsible for ensuring that the primary care services are evidence based, and are consistent with current standards of care.
Schedule/Location: SB&H Metro Outpatient Clinic is located in central Phoenix. Schedule is based on 8-hour or 10-hour shift Monday through Friday.
Pay: Pay rate starts at $120,000 annually.
Enjoy making a difference in the lives of ones in your community. Be a practitioner in good standing who is also flexible with schedule changes. Knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations, accreditation and licensing standards relative to Arizona State Board of Nursing. Have some experience working in managed care and or community health setting. Organized with the ability to work both independently as well as within a team, in a fast-paced environment. Have interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving abilities, and self-directed critical thinking skills.
About the Position
As a primary care provider, you will provide comprehensive health care for the physical and mental health care of our psychiatric and substance abuse clients. Our Integrated Outpatient Clinics provide important primary care services within the convenience of a community mental health center. Health maintenance services include such services as physical exams, well woman exams, and immunizations. Patients may also make episodic visits for acute conditions such as upper respiratory infections and urinary tract infections, and receive ongoing care for chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes. Referral services are be offered for laboratory services, x-rays or other imaging, or specialty care as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides health maintenance, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic medical conditions in a Southwest Family Medicine/ Southwest Behavioral & Health Clinic. This will occur in a manner consistent with all applicable policies and procedures regarding the provision of medical services.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests and procedures, and makes appropriate referrals to medical specialists.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, medications, the use of prescribed medical treatments, and other medical recommendations.
- Works collaboratively as a team member, agencies on behalf of SBH patients, other primary care providers, and the behavioral health professionals and technicians at the site.
- Attends required SBH and RBHA meetings as scheduled.
- Masters Degree in Nursing plus APRN Certification as an FNP, ANP or Pediatric NP is required.
- Licensed by the State of Arizona; valid DEA certificate required.
- (At sites serving children/adolescents) Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Must be credentialed/privileged with the RBHA and local medical facilities as determined by contractual requirements.
SB&H offers a competitive benefits package that includes 5 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! Sick time and 10 paid holidays. Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 40% company match and up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
Benefit from our culture of internal promotion, schedules that promote a work life balance, and help with reducing your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. A Learning & Development program, Cultural Competency meetings, Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness support and much more!
Do you want to help SB&H fulfill our mission, Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities? To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.