Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Phoenix, AZ, United States
Family Nurse Practitioner
Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous paid time off includes 5 weeks of vacation your 1st year! We offer medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include covered malpractice insurance, CME leave & reimbursement, 10 paid holidays, vision, prescription drug discounts, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner to join our Metro Outpatient Clinic in Phoenix. This is a full-time position.
As a primary care provider you will provide comprehensive health care for the physical and mental health care of our psychiatric and substance abuse clients. Our Integrated Outpatient Clinics provide important primary care services within the convenience of a community mental health center. Health maintenance services include such services as physical exams, well woman exams, and immunizations. Patients may also make episodic visits for acute conditions such as upper respiratory infections and urinary tract infections, and receive ongoing care for chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes. Referral services are be offered for laboratory services, x-rays or other imaging, or specialty care as needed.
Family Nurse Practitioner Requirements
- Master's degree in Nursing plus APRN Certification as an FNP
- Possession of a current nursing license and APRN license in the State of Arizona.
- Demonstrated experience as an APRN in primary care.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment, planning and utilization of medications in accordance with State and Federal regulations and best practices
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Experience and knowledge in the use of an electronic medical record system.
- Experience working in managed care and or community health setting.
- Must be a practitioner in good standing with National Data Bank and CMS and credentialed/privileged with the AHCCCS plans, RHBHA, and local medical facilities as determined by contractual requirements.
- Experience working with clients who have serious and persistent mental disorder and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in the psychiatric treatment of the developmentally disabled.