The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Las Cruces, NM
Family Store Cashier
LOCATION: Las Cruces Thrift Store
The Family Store cashier is responsible for greeting all customers with a polite attitude and answering phone calls in a friendly manner. They will greet donors and assist in unloading donations as necessary providing a donation receipt upon donor request. The Cashier will be responsible for attending their cash register while on duty and counting down their drawer before and after each shift. The cashier will maintain a clean and clutter free register area. The cashier will also be responsible for the neat and orderly placement of merchandise insuring the quality of items stocked.
- High School graduate, some college preferred
- Good written and spoken English
- Competent in Word processing and Excel Spreadsheets
- Possess ability to develop and maintain a working relationship with coworkers
- Develop and maintain a team of volunteers to work in the thrift store
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately in a timely manner.
- Be organized and be detail oriented
- Some Spanish helpful
- Must be able to pass a background check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.