Under the supervision of the Team Lead and in conformance with acceptable social work practice and the agency's program definition and policies, the Family Support Partner I will: offer support and encouragement to families. Link parents with other parents in community to reduce isolation that occurs when parenting a child with complex needs. Support families as peers who share a common background. Utilize personal and professional life experience as a teaching and learning tool to provide peer support. Use listening skills to help families identify and articulate their strengths, needs and key cultural considerations. Validate families thoughts, feelings and opinions. Encourage families to tell their own stories. Help families to understand and make effective use of the Child and Family Team process.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate; associates degree preferred
- Must be a parent or caregiver who has raised a child with behavioral health needs and have experience in at least two child serving systems in Arizona (e.g., education, juvenile justice, Department of Child Safety, Department of Developmental Disabilities, etc.)
- Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and Therapeutic Options certifications (offered through Southwest Network).
- Must maintain a valid Arizona state fingerprint clearance card.
- Must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license and car insurance.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Must be able to maintain a non-judgmental attitude while responding with empathy and clarity to the families with whom you are working
- Must have knowledge of the Maricopa County behavioral health system of care
- Must have the ability to maintain excellent member and family relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Requires effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and have critical thinking, time management and problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to utilize multiple types of office equipment (i.e. phones, copier, fax, etc.)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- This position is offered at a fair, competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flex Spending account options
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time (10 paid holidays per year!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan (403b) with company match
- Disability insurance
- Basic life insurance with the option to purchase supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
When you consider everythingthe salary, the benefits, the ongoing training and support we offer, and the impact youll have on the lives of othersit could be the right opportunity for you.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of education, employment, driving record and auto insurance, and completion of a criminal background check and drug testing.
Southwest Network is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT OUR CHILD & ADOLESCENT SERVICES DIVISION
In the treatment of children and adolescents, we are known for getting youth in quickly, treating even the most challenging cases, offering helpful parent and family support, and providing quality, compassionate care. Using the nationally recognized Child and Family Team process and with treatment tailored to each persons strengths, needs, and culture, youth can stay in the home, be productive in school, and have a hopeful future. Integrated health services address both behavioral and physical health issues, and special programs for teens and young adults help them realize their potential and become independent adults. We also collaborate with the Arizona Department of Child Safety to provide families involved in child welfare with comprehensive service plans which integrate all aspects of care and treatment. All members of the team practice in a manner that is consistently mindful of the 12 Principles of The Arizona Vision for Children.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST NETWORK
Southwest Network provides integrated behavioral and physical health services, caring for both the mind and body for whole health and wellness. We provide treatment programs for seriously mentally ill adults and children and adolescents with complex emotional and behavioral needs. We are committed to their recovery, and we work together to offer hope, support individual goals, encourage self-sufficiency, and change lives. We do whatever is needed for the individuals and families we serve.
We truly understand how important our employees are to those they care for, and how critical they are to our mission. As one of our employees, we will look after as many of your professional and personal needs as we can and make sure your work environment is productive, yet pleasant and informal. We are committed to offering you opportunities for personal and career growth, and we value and reward innovation, collaboration, dedication, and strength.