Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Supervisor for our Fiber department at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This individual will be responsible for supervising all production and personnel related functions within the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operational excellence. The Production Supervisor will be expected to directly supervisor the functions of hourly production personnel. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining daily communication with the department management, production personnel, scheduling, quality, and plant management. Major challenges include the efficient usage of material, machinery, and manpower to produce a quality product.
Additional responsibilities of the Supervisor will include:
- Providing a productive and safe work environment.
- Ensuring that all employees have been properly trained.
- Maintaining quality products and services.
- Monitor all aspects of production; maintaining safety, quality, and teamwork throughout the process.
- Improving the quality system, products and processes through continuous improvement (Kaizen).
- Monitoring employees performance and attendance for training/performance reviews.
- Responsible for reviewing the fiber process start-up and to perform any required pre-production inspections and audits as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Must be proficient on the computer with prior/current experience with SAP, Microsoft Office, and KRONOS a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced work environment.
- College degree helpful, but not necessary.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.