Grand Canyon Education
Field Clinical Counselor- Online Division- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon Universitys College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Field Clinical Counselor to coordinate and support of the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions policies, processes and placements of nursing and health care students applying and entering the practicum and/or clinical phases of the degree program.
- Collects and tracks immunization and health and safety documentation required for clinical and practicum rotations.
- Ensures students meet all required deadlines and notifies appropriate parties of non-compliance.
- Communicates to students, preceptors, and sites before documentation expires or a file becomes out of date.
- Prepares and distributes necessary information to students regarding the program(s).
- Assists with placement of students to include practicum, clinical, or practice immersion.
- Handles high volume of outbound and inbound student calls while meeting GCU customer service standards.
- Establishes rapport and relationships with students.
- Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting clinical and practicum requirements.
- Assists with the processing of paperwork for sites and preceptors if needed.
- Works as part of a high-performance team and encourages and supports other team members.
- Handles multiple priorities and tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
- Six months related work experience such as a high-volume in-bound/out-bound call center and preferably in higher education.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, healthcare clients, students, and the general public.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of inbound/outbound calls effectively.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Starting salary is $43,000 per year; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.