Field Training Supervisor - Toronto
We are North Americas leading security services provider with over 250,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Field Training Supervisor who will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services to an assigned customer. They will act as a liaison between customer, Service Manager and Security Professionals. Supervise site staff, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
Supervise day-to-day operations at the site. Depth and range of the following may depend on the size of the site.
- Communicate staffing needs to Service Manager or to recruiters, assisting in identifying and interviewing quality candidates.
- Assure that Security Professionals receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also includes performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or HR and Service Manager or General Manager.
- Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings.
- Provide the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
Enforcement of Contract Standards
- Help Service Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
- Reconcile security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to manager and coordinate preliminary investigations.
- Perform account audits and off-hour visits, completing required documentation.
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
- Administer site safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for security officers including vehicle / driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
- Be prepared to participate in unemployment hearings.
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, Training Detail reports, etc.) that require interpretation and action for effective business management.
- Enforce Allied Universal policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
Security Professional Quality Standards:
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience required will generally be determined by size of account and resulting scope of business and management expertise needed.
- Generally: one year of security experience and one year of supervisory experience
- More advanced: BA or equivalent experience plus 3 years supervisory experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Internet, etc.)
- Good to excellent verbal and written skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to make good decisions (judgment and common sense)
- Financial / mathematical aptitude
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested
- Reliable transportation to get to work site
- Well motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.ausecurity.ca.