Arizona Baptist Children's Services
Finance Administrative Support Specialist
Arizona Baptist Childrens Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based nonprofit that includes seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. Together, we serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors. You can help impact communities and provide hope & care by serving in the Finance Department. This position will be filled in our Tucson office.
What makes ABCS such a great place to work?
- You can be part of an organization that models Biblical core values in many different facets by honoring God in all we do, building relationships through trust and respect, being a good steward with what we have been given, and doing everything with excellence.
- ABCS has a framework of servant leadership where staff from all positions are intentional about building relationships and lifting each other up in prayer. ABCS offers a healthy balance between work and your personal life.
- The ability to make an impact on the community by providing hope and care to hurting children and families.
- In addition to new hire training, ongoing and continuing education training will be provided for you throughout the year.
As a Finance Administrative Support Specialist:
- You will check, correct and maintain a variety of financial records and documents.
- You will have responsibility for ABCS accounts payable and assist in preparing various financial reports.
- You will review and audit financial statements and reports to ensure all calculations and data entries are accurate.
- Provide additional support to the ABCS finance and work together to solve problems critically and creatively.
- Work independently and be trusted to manage many projects and task simultaneously.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- You are a Christian and in agreement with the ABCS Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Core Values and Guiding principles.
- ABCS prioritizes calling and fit for the ministry and is willing to train the right individual; however, a degree, training or experience in an finance or administrative field is preferred.
- You will require keyboard skills and computer literacy and the ability to learn a variety of software and web based programs. Experience in QuickBooks, QuickBase, and Microsoft product preferred.
- You have excellent organization skills, good planning and time management and the ability to solve problems and think critically.
- Full-time employees with Arizona Baptist Children's Service's receive a health benefits package that contributes up to $8,500 of their total annual benefits package, including full medical, supplemental medical, short-term disability and $35,000 of life insurance at no cost.
- All employees receive seven paid holidays per year and earn paid sick leave. Full time employees will also earn ten days of paid time-off and five personal choice days per year.
- Mission Action time (allowing staff to take paid time-off to participate in mission trips, vacation bible school or other similar activities without losing any of their accrued time-off).
- Access to Employees Assistance Program through New Life Counseling.