Centers Health Care
Finance / Medicaid Coordinator
Bushwick Center is actively seeking a full time Finance/Medicaid Coordinator to work at our skilled nursing facility in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn, NY. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and be able to effectively multi-task; should also be computer savvy, have a good personality and be able to work well with others. Familiarity with skilled nursing facility finances, as well as experience dealing with Medicaid is a requirement.
- Meeting with residents/families to discuss their financial obligations
- Gather and submit Medicaid documentation to the Medicaid agencies and see the cases through to approval
- Inputting of census information into billing and clinical software
- Collection of private and income monies owed to facility
- Assist with the insurance authorization process
- Distribute resident funds
- Ensure that all admission agreements are signed
- Other duties as required
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and HMO processes is a plus
- High comfort level to meet with residents/families to discuss and advise on their financial obligations
- Must be computer literate, and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Should be highly detailed and organized
Bushwick Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 225-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located on the border of Brooklyn & Queens. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each residents dignity and independence.