Financial Aid Representative (Reg FT)
Position Title: Financial Aid Representative (Reg FT)
Department: Financial Aid
Campus: Boyce Campus
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Remote Work Option: Fully In-Person
Work Hours (for hourly positions): REPOSTED. Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: SEIU E - $18.38
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 0663
Job Open Date: 5/26/2023
Job Close Date: 9/1/2023
General Summary: Handles the entire financial aid life cycle process from students entry to the College to transfer/degree completion.
Education and Experience: Associates degree (bachelor's preferred) plus two years of relevant experience gained through previous work experience; experience in financial aid or a related field is preferred. Preference will be given to individuals with more than minimum experience in a highly automated financial aid office at an institution that resembles The Community College of Allegheny County in size and complexity of program administration.
Skills/Abilities Requirements: Should be able to tactfully and courteously answer questions and provide information. Knowledge as related to the specific needs of the department to perform responsibilities. Requires the ability to multi task, work well with others, and customer service mentality (both internal and external). Must be comfortable speaking before groups of students and parents. Must be able to relate effectively with students and parents and have strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer, and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements: Works in a general office environment. Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption.
1. ASK, LISTEN, SOLVE.
2. Dialogues with students by phone, in person and/or virtually about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, indebtedness and financial planning and individualizes information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
3. Answers questions, inquiries, or requests from students, parents, or guardians in person or in writing regarding financial aid programs and eligibility.
4. Assists in the preparation of and presents information regarding federal financial aid, scholarships, employment and grants for various campus groups, high school students, and parents at meetings, group discussions, workshops, and recruitment sessions.
5. Analyzes various system-generated reports and notifies students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation, including:
Daily mis-match reports
FATR report review
6. Daily duties:
a. Loan certification preparation for Directors and Specialists
b. Scanning and linking documents into Perceptive Content
c. Conducting in person and virtual FAFSA Appointments
d. Email and text responses including follow-up
e. Applicable information system updates
f. Handling phones and walk-ins
7. Interfaces with students and lenders, employers, guarantee agencies and/or staff to resolve issues.
8. Assists with other financial and activities such as outreach, reporting and monitoring and vouchers.
9. Occasionally participates in hiring and oversees and trains temporary, work-study, part-time or full-time personnel.
10. Perform other duties for specific/unique needs of the department.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4521027
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.