Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Position compiles and analyzes financial information and develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, and reports. Works closely with Resource Development to complete budgets and pro formas for submission of funding proposals. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Identifies trends and developments and presents findings to senior management. Prepares financial billings, budgets, forecasts, builds pro formas and provides reconciliations of internal accounts.
Identifies trends and developments and presents findings to senior management. Experience in building financial models.
Requires a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. MBA equivalent to 2 years of work experience. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures with GAAP or OMB Circular.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Reconcile program billings/reports to the general ledger
- Prepare contract billings/reports for funding sources
- Prepare adjustments to general ledger
- Prepare program financial forecasts
- Assist directors in preparing operating, proposal and contract budgets
- Prepare budget variance reports
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Participate in professional development (i.e. training, etc.)
- Must possess excellent technical skills and ability to use various computer program applications e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must have understanding of accounting software.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
The statements included in the Job Description reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to effective communicate finance fundamentals to others. Must be able to use a computer. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Controller Non Profit. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.