Financial Payment Operations, PBM Senior Manager-Remote
The Sr. Manager of Pharmacy & Client Payments requires an ambitious, motivated, and eager individual, looking to work for an industry-leading, Fortune 5 company. The position is a part of our Financial Operations Payments department, a dynamic and skilled group, which manages the payment operations for CVS Healths Caremark PBM business. The Sr. Manager will be a leader and play an instrumental role in the success of the team, as we help people on their path to better health.
You will be responsible for managing a diverse and dynamic team that is responsible for our pharmacy disbursements and reporting, 340B financial operations, as well as, the on-going maintenance and disbursements of our commission and client payments in accordance with the PBM agreements. The team is comprised of a manager and approximately a team of 7 direct or indirect individuals managing the day to day operations.
The ideal candidate can effectively triage requests, prioritize, and ensure all deliverables are accounted for and met by strict deadlines. This position is customer service centric, and the team is expected to deliver best in class service to internal and external partners by identifying business and client requirements associated with department deliverables and resolving complex process/requests through creative and sustainable solutions. The candidate must also be comfortable organizing cross-functional teams to support larger organization efforts and facilitate discussions. The role requires a detailed-orientated, process driven mindset with focus on adhering to internal controls.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of 7 analysts and one manager various levels of experience
- Develop individual and team goals which align to enterprise initiatives
- Conduct reoccurring individual/team meetings, complete semi-annual performance reviews and contribute to the professional development of team members
- Monitor and forecast incoming work, create a burndown schedule, communicate the pipeline broadly, and ensure timely assignments on tasks
- Implement and review metrics which capture key team outputs/processes
- Effectively communicating with upstream and downstream partners to ensure deliverables are completed timely and accurately
- Organize cross-functional teams to support larger organizational efforts
- Lead and/or participate in projects related to client and department deliverables
- Facilitate internal and external discussions to identify and/or resolve issues
- Manage multiple projects with strict deadlines, delivering best in class service to internal and external partners
- Identify process inefficiencies and resolve using creative and sustainable solutions
Additional essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and leading cross functional teams to accomplish a common goal
- Identifying process inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions
- Hosting and participating in client discussions
- Capturing client/internal partner requirements and providing recommendations to accommodate their needs
-Strong relationship building skills and communication skills
- Minimum 7 + years operational and/or accounting experience; OR Masters degree with 5-7 years of operational and/or accounting experience
- Minimum 3+ years leadership experience with a proven track record of managing people, complex projects and/or programs
- 5+ year experience in a Management role
- Healthcare or PBM Experience
- Operational experience in a high paced environment
- SAP system knowledge
Bachelor's degree required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.