Davis Wright Tremaine
Financial Systems Analyst
Start on the ground floor with our new FinSys Team!
Are you an IT specialist deeply versed in financial business processes at a law firm? Have you provided deep technical support to complex legal software? Would you like the opportunity to be on a brand new team as we learn a brand new product?
Davis Wright Tremaine, a national law firm headquartered in Seattle, has just finished converting all accounting processes from legacy Elite to new Aderant Expert. Now we need to stabilize our new system, improve our processes and begin continual refinement – all the while resolving production support issues and providing seamless customer support to our end users. If you are looking for a dynamic, challenging role with like-minded colleagues, join us as we transition away from our project resources and build our new FinSys team.
We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
In this role, you will:
- Play a critical role ensuring the firm can provide its services by understanding business objectives and designing/ implementing the appropriate solutions to meet those objectives
- Address all technical needs from daily production support to fixing critical issues, designing enhancements or leading an upgrade; you will use whatever tool that your experience and knowledge deems best -- application configuration, scripting, SQL, SSRS, ETL, integration tools, etc.
- Work directly with vendors to resolve software bugs and identify solutions for data or configuration issues
- Participate in vendor and industry user groups to learn best practices and share information
- Overall – You will be an expert we can depend on for our accounting software technology; recommending, designing and implementing solutions and identifying best practices for maintenance
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent relevant experience; advanced education in computer science a plus
- 5+ years’ experience configuring third party applications, working with software vendors, resolving production support issues, designing technical solutions, and providing overall technical support for complex financial software (at least 2 of those years must include billing in either legal or medical industry; at least 2 of those years must be contiguous in the same company)
- 2 years in legal industry where role required deep knowledge of accounting business processes and accounting best practices, and where internal colleagues and internal customers included staff and leadership of accounting organization
- Intermediate MS SQL, T-SQL, ETL knowledge and prior experience working with large third party databases; SSRS experience, preferred
- 1 year .Net development (ability to read, understand and make changes to a complex script; ability to create a basic script)
- 1 year experience working full time in a business unit outside of IT where day-to-day colleagues included business-side, non-technical staff
- Experience working in an unstructured, complex environment in a role that requires autonomous, self-directed management of priorities and tasks
- Experience in a mid-sized company with multiple locations
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with clients, attorneys, staff members, and other business contacts, are required
- Ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and able to work in an efficient and organized manner
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.