Bazco Oil Company
San Antonio, TX, United States
Fleet and Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Bazco Oil Company is now hiring Fleet and Heavy Equipment Mechanics!
Fleet and Heavy Equipment Mechanic is a skilled position in the maintenance and repair of company fleet and equipment. This position works primarily performing preventative maintenance at shop; however, you will have to go to travel to job sites depending on customer demands.
• Mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions. Strong in preventative maintenance of fleet, including maintenance of routine oil and tire changes.
• Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, and basic wiring.
• Accountable for following all DOT, OSHA, and established Company rules, regulations and guidelines
• Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
• Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather conditions.
• 3-5 year minimum of recent mechanic experience in same or similar industry.
• Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
• A valid Commercial Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
• Ability to works with minimal supervision, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt to the people and environment around them - customers, suppliers, co-workers
• Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
• Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
• Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
• Willing to work over-time when requested.
• Willingness to accept challenges and troubleshoot
• Ability to perform well under stress
• Ability to work as a team member
• High school diploma, GED or vocational training/certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.