La Frontera EMPACT
Follow up Specialist - Rapid Response
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
In this position, you will provide crisis and case management services to individuals and families in Maricopa County. Time management, customer service, ability to support others over the phone with concerns and immediate needs. This positon is located at our Main Tempe-Madison and is mainly based In-office with the occasional community need support. Services will be provided according to training, experience, and certification as assigned. This position will require an individual with skills in working in a high paced environment in a Crisis Milieu setting. This positon is supporting both the Rapid Response and DCS Crisis Stabilization teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a directly related field OR BHT level as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills, be flexible and team oriented.
- Time management, customer service, ability to support others over the phone with concerns and immediate needs.
- Organized and able to manage various task.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations and collaborate/work in a team environment.
- Bi-Lingual ( Spanish) differential per hour available.
- Must possess valid AZ Driver's license with no major infractions for the past 39 months.
- Must have a Fingerprint Clearance Card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.