Food Service Worker I Marathon, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp, Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions has a client in need of a Food Service Worker to work at a company located in the Marathon, FL area. Job responsibilities may include, but not limited to: Prepare, assemble and deliver patient meals in accordance with quality, service, infection control, and food safety standards. Delivers stock supplies to the patient floor kitchens. Serves guests, maintaining positive customer/guest relations. Appropriately replenishes used foods and supplies. Completes sanitation duties. Perform dish room duties as assigned, daily. Collects payments for guest trays. Handles transactions for food sales in the Cafeteria, as a cashier, in accordance with established policies and procedures. Sets up and serves meals for corporate retail, catering, Doctors Dining Room, and other dining outlets. Decorates buffet and reception tables as assigned. This position follows all aspects of high quality food preparation and service, or is in a supporting role to efficiently allow coworkers to do so. This position has a multi-faceted connection to the safety, comfort, and overall satisfaction of our customers.
- Complies with HACCP food safety procedures by maintaining all necessary documentation for each respective area assigned. This includes, but is not limited to: SDS manual, temperature charts, hand washing/glove usage, receiving, handling of hot and cold foods, proper chemical usage, and labeling and dating.
- Follows all established policies, procedures and processes. This may include operating a cash register with accuracy, assuring that all charges are tabulated and delivered to appropriate person.
- Work station is set up and ready on time with appropriate utensils and equipment. This includes upkeep of assigned work station maintaining it (and equipment) clean and organized. Appropriately replenishes foods and supplies as needed.
- Responsible for inventory, delivery, and storage of the floor stock supplies for assigned areas, accurately and timely. Prepares and delivers nourishments and oral supplements as needed. Conducts weekly inventory. Documents accordingly.
- Maintains standards of quality for meal services at all times. Prepares and delivers meals and meal services for patients, guests, and families. Prepares and retrieves calorie count information, as needed, for Dietitians.
- Maintains a "clean as you go" work philosophy, ensuring that catering, patient, and retail areas are maintained clean at the conclusion of each meal period, in a timely manner.
- Prepares food and services in assigned area(s), following the approved procedures, and keeps overproduction and waste to a minimum, and communicating with supervisor as needed.
- Checks menus/items for same day and next days' needs to ensure items are ready for preparation and service. Alerts supervisor of product unavailability that may affect our customers.
- Uses the sanitation equipment in the proper and safe method, while handling chemicals safely. Loads and oversees the dish machine after food carts are done, making sure these are retrieved, cleaned, and shined before the end of the shift.
- Actively participates in departmental activities to include, department in- services, area meetings, and any other designated meetings throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS High School,Cert,GED,Trn,Exper
- FOODSAFE Food Safety
- High School Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, GED, or equivalent training or experience required. Food Safety Certification required within 6 months of hire. Excellent customer service skills required. Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Monday - Friday: 3pm-9:30pm
Some weekends required
Applicants will work at our client's facility located at Marathon, FL area.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.