Forklift Operator - Checker / Loader, Bedding Docks, 1st Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Forklift Operator - Checker/Loader in our Bedding Docks Department on 1st Shift [typically 5am - 1 or 2pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to perform final quality checks on finished product and load on trailers via forklift, sometimes by hand, per customer requirements.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being shipped will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also require the operator to record and track information in our inventory control system.
Additional Responsibilities of the Forklift Operator - Checker/Loader:
- Load trucks in proper sequence.
- Check loading tickets.
- Use forklift to load trailers as needed
- Lockout trailers before loading and unlock once loading is complete.
- Record and track information in inventory control system.
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly.
- Move stock in loading area as necessary.
- Inspect trailers for damage.
- Run manifest and bills of lading.
- Handle finish bedding goods up to 75 lbs.
- Lock out and chock wheels.
- Use computers to scan rolls.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- At least one year manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must be able to become forklift certified
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment