Steward Medical Group
Front Office Coordinator
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Under the General Direction of the Practice Administrator, the Front Office Coordinator works directly with the Practice Manager in coordinating office personnel and other activities in the work areas in order to provide an efficient operation and to enable the facility to provide the best quality patient care. The Front Office Coordinator is also responsible for patient flow, scheduling, collection of demographics, check-out, and assists with arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments prescribed by the physician during the patient examination. Assists with administrative duties as assigned by the Practice Manager and Physicians. Meets the communication needs of the patient/family and medical and office staff. Keeps the flow of communication moving throughout the office. Implements directions from the physicians and nursing staff. Follows through with the patient or their physician offices on outstanding documentation needed to finalize the patients chart.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge, good word processing skills
- CPT & IDC9 coding abilities preferred.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a stressful environment and balance multiple deadlines.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant / Medical Office Specialist program preferred
- One year experience in a medical office setting highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
- BLS certification.
- Position located in Odessa, TX
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.