General Manager | Sunrise, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a General Manager to work at a Freight Forwarding company located in the Sunrise, FL area. Candidate must possess minimum five years NVOCC/OTI experience in a managerial role. Freight Forwarding Industry knowledge and ability to present related information in a way that makes sense to all audiences so as to foster full appreciation for offered services.Excellent communication skills: Outgoing, positive, engaging in conversation and capable of building good relationships with customers and colleagues. Candidate should have strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, be a good team player and have leadership ability to direct and assist staff.
- To oversee all Regulatory Compliance issues- Service Contracts, Tariff Filing, Documentation preparation, US Customs AMS filings also Liability issues/claims, General process issues and systems development
- Negotiate and sign service contracts with carriers
- Stay aware of pending Regulatory changes as they may impact the business
- Develop appropriate business systems to facility Agent compliance in various Trade lanes
- Oversee settlement of any regulatory penalties should they arise
- Oversee the settlement process of any potential Liability claims against the HBL with Insurer and Agents
- Work with Insurer in claims settlement to minimize impact of claims ratio thereby keeping our Liability cost down
- Be responsive to employee issues as they relate to Agent questions regarding HBL/AMS usage
- Review Processes and Guidelines with Agents as needed
- Review emails looking for unsettled issues or potential problems
- Constantly evaluate manual processes consuming employee resources and implement automated processes where they are warranted and practical
- Meet with agents at conference events to explain and sell AWS services
- Supervise and guide staff in their day-to-day duties as below
Possess the knowledge and expertise to supervise employees who perform following: Tariff Rate Quote issues
- Rate requests, updating rate database, approve rate filings, general booking issues pending rate filing, issuing LOAs as required
Documentation prep Issues:
- Printing issues and stamps, dates, seal procedures etc., document prep issues, assist agents with general questions on booking procedures, MBL and HBL preparation and issuance, and Agent fees, Maintain B/L system (correct B/L fields such as ports/dates)
Service Contracting Issues and carrier interaction:
- Approving service contract rates and amendments, prepare posting of same to AWS website for Agent use, renewing service contracts, assisting agents with interpreting carrier contacts, assisting the carriers with outstanding invoices to ensure timely agent payment
- AMS/Customs and ISF issues when required, Submit AFR, ISF5 in Decartes system, File tariff rates to FMC in Cargosphere and update in AWS website
Sales and Promotion of AWS Services:
- General Interaction with worldwide agents, interact with AWS agents (intro services, explain program, answer inquiries, maintain agent DB, prepare mass communications to agents, issue invoices, collections), prepare and report AWS usage stats
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Sunrise, FL.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs