General Production - Hourly
Flex-N-Gate is looking for general production candidates with the ability to work any shift required. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Flex-N-Gate produces the highest quality products and systems for the automotive industry. With our extensive plastics, metal and mechanical assemblies experience, we persistently strive for continuous improvement and on-time delivery of defect-free products. Ventra Ionia is currently hiring qualified candidates at $16.50 per/hr with rapid progression to $17.70 per/hr.
Attendance Incentive Program- any new General Production Employee also qualifies
Effective: March 28, 2021 thru to August 28, 2021
This Attendance Incentive Program is being implemented without prejudice or precedence and is related to the cumbersome times in the Ionia area which includes the ongoing pandemic, manpower needs and meeting customer demands. The measures listed below will help recognize your sacrifice and sustained commitment towards continued success of our plant and community.
Perfect Attendance - means working all scheduled hours for the week including overtime. Any time away from your scheduled work hours disqualifies you from this incentive.
- $100 - Perfect attendance bonus per week.
- Monthly Raffle perfect attendance for the calendar month will get you entered into a monthly raffle for a big screen TV.
- Point Rollback If you have perfect attendance for a calendar month you will receive an attendance occurrence (1pt) rollback.
Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required work.
Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
Perform heavy manual labor that requires repeated bending, twisting, turning and squatting.
Perform manual dexterity work involving fingers, hands and arms in repeated motion.
Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds in a consistent and
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
Follow written and verbal instructions.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, work instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus, but not required.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs
- Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer