Tonawanda, NY, United States
Accountant (Government R&D)
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $30.8 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website.
Government Accountant supports the Senior Government Accountant in invoicing approximately 30+ government contracts, preparation of annual government contract labor rates, preparation of Government filings and participation in Audits.
Key tasks include:
- Assist with Annual Government Labor Rate Calculation and Validation
- Assist with Monthly and quarterly Govt financial reporting (ex. FPM.937-002)
- Create Journal entries for project cost reclassifications as needed
- Participate in month end closing / review of Government Projects
- Data Gathering for Annual Preparation of ICE form
- Participate in Government Project Audits, with external audit firm and US Government
- Awareness of current government rules and regulations in relation to FAR and DFAR.
- Work with R&D Project Managers to ensure proper Supporting Documentation for Government invoices is provided
- Bachelor’s degree required-preferred concentrations - Accounting, Finance, Business
- Experience with government regulations (GAAP, Government Accounting) preferred
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- JDE and / or OBIEE experience a +
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.