Grand Rapids, MI
GR5 Process Tech II Mold Set Up 3rd Shift
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Perform Change over, set-up and adjustments of Injection Molding machines in a safe, timely and accurate manner. Ultimate goal is on time delivery of quality parts to Customers.
- Performs all aspects of setting jobs for production; mold change, robots, fixtures, etc
- Change resin and concentrate for mold changes to assure proper dry time and dryer settings
- Change over fixtures for next mold and ensure working properly, has all auxiliary equipment ready
- Works to minimize change over time while maintaining SAFETY and accuracy
- Read and understand set-up cards to set-up maintain and trouble shoot
- Follow without exception all SAFETY precautions
- Perform and address daily SAFETY checks, prior to operator/production use
- Responsible for eliminating and reporting SAFETY Hazards, electrical cords, air lines, oil or water on floor
- Ensure all components have been ordered and brought to press for next job
- Verifies process parameters are set to Parameter Sheet, deviation sheets completed as appropriate
- Returns all components, packaging, etc from previous job to proper location and labeling.
- Assist in maintaining equipment by filling die repair orders and maintenance repair orders
- Verifies equipment and process are capable of producing quality parts
- May submit 1st piece buy off for approval
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per standard
- Performs all duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Follows help chain as needed
- Other duties as assigned
A high school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience In Plastic Injection Molding in preferred.
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.