Grand Canyon University
Graduate Assistant - Advancement
Grand Canyon University is hiring a Graduate Assistant to work on our Advancement Team. This position is an administrative role that will support the development of work processes and new initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan for all student and young alumni communication
- Responsible for the strategic design and implementation of all projects, systems and programming for recent graduates, students and young alumni.
- Responsible for ensuring that alumni programming, messaging, & relationships are built into the on ground and online student experience.
- Responsible for strategically designing and implementing programs that develops and maintains healthy relationships with young alumni.
- Responsible for ensuring that recent graduates are supported with alumni programming
- Assist the office of Alumni Relations in sponsorship efforts
- Responsible for designing and facilitating all transition programming and communication strategies around graduation and commencement.
- Must be enrolled in GCU masters program.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0
- Work during normal business hours, maximum of 20 hours per week
- Experience holding some form of a project management or operational management role
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to navigate databases and software.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and software databases.
- Skilled in using a computer keyboard/typing.
- Customer oriented, a professional demeanor and ability to work harmoniously in a team environment with the ability to get along with diverse populations.
- Good command of the English language including spelling, grammar, language usage for accurate proofreading.
- Ability to effectively coordinate projects and to work on multiple competing projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good mathematical ability in order to create spreadsheet formulas.
- Good communications skills and an understanding of the communications needs of diverse populations and cultures.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or other non-English language, American Sign Language is helpful.
- Must pass pre-employment background check(s).
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If youre looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partners site at jobs.gce.com for more information.