The Mission of MIM: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul.
Summary: MIM is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to interact with guests upon entrance to MIM, as well as on the telephone, in a slow to fast-paced environment depending on the season. Guest Service Associates function as the Box Office, Coat/Bag check, and primary Information Desk for MIM, ensuring a positive guest experience which reinforces the MIM brand.
- Welcome guests to MIM and provide a positive and enthusiastic atmosphere for MIM guests
- Sell tickets/admissions, check coats/bags, distribute the guidePORT audio system, enforce admission policies, and provide general information
- Accurately handle large volumes of financial transactions and settle cash drawer at the end of each shift
- Provide information regarding MIM’s membership and donor programs, accept donations, and assist members/donors with taking full advantage of their benefits
- Answer telephones to sell tickets and answer guests’ inquiries
- Maintain the guidePORT audio units and headphones, including disinfecting and charging them
- Other duties as needed
- Box office and/or museum experience strongly preferred. Previous experience with PatronManager software preferred.
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Ability to cheerfully exercise patience and sound judgment in a variety of situations, especially in direct interactions with the public
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds. Position requires long periods of standing
- Proficient and comfortable with computers
Additional Information: Position pays $15 per hour