The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Guest Services Attendant
LOCATION: Salvation Army Kroc Center - Phoenix, AZ
The Salvation Army is seeking a Guest Services Attendant for the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center, Phoenix. The Guest Services Attendant is a trustworthy conduit through which parents and youth of the community can connect to the Kroc Center. The Guest Services Attendant may be responsible for connecting, leading and developing the youth in various programs and activities including the computer lab, library, game room, rock wall, and childcare center at the Kroc Corps Community Center. The Guest Services Attendant will collaborate with the Membership Manager. The Kroc Center is an amazing resource to the community and will fulfill the benefactors’ vision of a community center for arts, education, recreation, spiritual guidance, and wellness. . . a place for nurturing and developing the mind, body and spirit.
- Must have CPR, AED and First Aid Certification or obtain within the first 2 months of employment.
- Possess customer services skills to include complaint resolution principles, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving and crisis situations.
- Must have the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with customers, clients, members and staff.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate and coordinate efforts with Kroc Center personnel, community leaders, community organizations and the general public.
- Bilingual preferred English/Spanish
- Thrive in a team oriented environment and to be a team player.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality as needed.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.