The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Guest Services Lead II
LOCATION: Kroc Center - Phoenix, AZ
STATUS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Guest Services Lead will provide optimal customer service by greeting and directing all visitors in a friendly and professional manner, directing calls and email inquiries to appropriate staff. This position will supervise welcome desk attendants, and Child Watch attendants. The GSL Lead will provide Kroc Center orientation tours to prospective members and the general public. This position will require maintaining a progressive knowledge of all programs, facilities and special events. Guest Services Leads will be responsible for maintaining the orderliness of the Community Center Management System and keeping the area clean and neatly arranged at all times.
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Minimum one-year cash handling and customer service experience required.
- High attention to detail and ability to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively without supervision and demonstrate a professional approach to problem solving.
- Proficient computer software and typing skills required.
- Service-oriented team player with the ability to maintain a positive attitude while interacting with Kroc employees, guests, and the general public.
- Ability to supervise part-time staff in their duties at the Welcome Desk & Guest Services to include training, communicating, and implementing superior customer service standards.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to carry out multiple tasks efficiently.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with individuals and groups having diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual preferred English/Spanish preferred.
- Must maintain a non-judgmental attitude while working with customers, clients, and/or members of staff.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Required to pass a criminal background check.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.