Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Health Information Physician Order Technician
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon is one of the largest and fastest growing not-for-profit health care organizations in southeastern Wisconsin. For 25 years, our staff has committed to providing the best possible care to many patients and families who need help the most.
Our busy Park Place corporate headquarters located in Milwaukee, W seeks a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Medical Records Physician Order Technician for a full-time, 1st shift opportunity. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people and passionate about the world of behind-the-scenes health care.
This multi-tasking master must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines, follow through and follow-up. Strong work ethic and customer service skills are imperative.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Efficiently process all CVOs, therapy evaluations, assessment verbal orders and Hospice forms.
- Maintain an accurate physician listing for Agency by adding, updating and deleting physician information in a timely manner.
- Assist in billing cycle by addressing medical record issues on billing error report.
- Maintains a less than 10 percent out-of-compliance rate
- Assist in performing Medical Records Department clerical chart control audits for assigned section and report results to Supervisor/Manager. (Focus of audit changes on a monthly basis).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification in Medical Records preferred
- 2-3 years of office experience; Medical Records experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, prioritization, and customer service skills.