Health Information Services Tech II
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura HealthPay Range
$16. 27- $20. 97/hr.Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
This is an intermediate level position that performs all entry level job functions in the Health Information Management Department. A qualified applicant is expected to perform quantitative analysis and re-analyzes records for completion.
Perform quality control measures on scanned documents to ensure the integrity of the image is legible, and displayed accurately. Correctly assign deficiencies in accordance to Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations. The Tech II applicant is also required to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information and adhere to the policies that govern the Health Information Management department. A successful applicant actively seeks to promote and help maintain a professional, team-oriented, service-conscious environment, which contributes to the goals of the department and reflects on the values of the system.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 1 year healthcare work experience with an electronic health record OR 1 year completed in an accredited HIM program
- Proficient in medical terminology, preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate's Degree, Preferred. Enrolled in a related healthcare degree program preferred
- RHIT or RHIA certification, Preferred
Schedule: Monday through Friday 730 am to 4:00 pm
Physical Requirements - Sedentary work -(prolonged periods of sitting and exert up to 10lbs force occasionally)Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
At Longmont United Hospital (LUH), we treat the entire patient to leverage the powerful the connection of body, mind, and spirit in the healing process. As a Planetree Designated Hospital, staff members adhere to the highest possible standards and Healthgrades ranks us as one of the Top Hospitals in the Nation for Patient Experience. Here, your time at work will be spent with a supportive team of staff and leaders that value self-care, flexibility and development opportunities through cross-training and continuing education. Longmont, CO, is home to 2,000+ acres of parks, three public golf courses and numerous trails to hike, bike, walk or run. Located less than an hour away from the Rocky Mountain National Park (ranked the 4th most visited national park in the country in 2017 by the Denver Business Journal), you'll have easy access to the very best Colorado has to offer.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We provide whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health we offer exceptional benefits to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Shift differentials
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for phone, cell phone plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.
If you do not see the pay for this position listed above or you see an estimate, it is because you are on a second party job board. Please visit www.centura.org/careers to apply and see the pay range for this role. All of our pay ranges are posted clearly on the Centura Health Careers site.