Phoenix, AZ, United States
Health Information Technician
Assists risk manager and director of risk management in planning, developing, and administering policies and procedures with a focus on records requests, record reviews, and disclosing protected health information. The health information technician will also support risk management to administer policies and procedures related to claims management, loss control, coordination of court ordered treatment (COT) cases, and respond to court subpoenas. Coordinates risk management functions and data reporting to regulatory agencies
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Associate degree in business or healthcare administration preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Electronic health records certification preferred and/or required within one year of being hired
- Must maintain a valid Arizona state fingerprint clearance card.
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona drivers license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- This position is offered at a fair, competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flex Spending account options
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time (10 paid holidays per year!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan (403b) with company match
- Disability insurance
- Basic life insurance with the option to purchase supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discounts
- Family Medical Leave
- Hearing Discount Program
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- Virta Prediabetes Reversal Program
- IDShield and Legal Shield Protection
- Bilingual stipend available
When you consider everythingthe salary, the benefits, the ongoing training and support we offer, and the impact youll have on the lives of othersit could be the right opportunity for you.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of education, employment, driving record and auto insurance, and completion of a criminal background check and drug testing.
Southwest Network is an equal opportunity employer.