Roman Catholic Diocese of Tucson
Job Title: Health Office Attendant Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: St Cyril of Alexandria / Tucson, AZ
Position Summary: Under the direction of the School Principal, the School Nurse is responsible for supporting the school in identifying and assessing students' health needs and record-keeping as well as reviewing current policies, procedures, and guidelines related to student health care, safety, and crisis management in accordance with existing laws and diocesan requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the diocese by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church: a health and safety officer may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church.
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee's professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral structures
- Monitor the compliance of the school regarding the school health and safety policies and procedures set by the diocese and Arizona Department of Health
- Monitor compliance with school health and safety policies and procedures set by the diocese and AZ Dept. of Health
- Provide health care consultation, resources, and referrals to parents and staff
- Collaborate with the Student Intervention Team process at individual schools as appropriate, providing assistance through health care resource identification, parent meetings and/or telephonic communications; provide other teacher identified areas of support.
- Oversee and assist with the implementation of the Diocesan coordinated school health program; compile data as necessary
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Federal, State, County, and Diocesan health regulations
- Monitor school health records and wellness data and compliance reports
- Monitor and support crisis management in schools
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding.
- A working knowledge of, and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church; must also be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player
- Be able to travel, and be available for evening and weekend work as necessary; have reliable transportation; have a valid Arizona Drivers License
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing and the use of excel and related technology; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of School health records, reports and documentation requirements
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution and experience overseeing compliance with school health requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Arizona Registered Nurse License
- Experience with implementation of the coordinated school health model in the Catholic schools
- Experience in presenting health related topics in a clear, organized manner
Covenants of Employment:
St Cyril of Alexandria is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law. Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.