Healthcare Analyst - Datamonitor Healthcare
Datamonitor Healthcare is part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group and sits within our Pharma Intelligence Vertical. Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the worlds leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs.
From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
Datamonitor Healthcare, part of the Informa Intelligence division of international FTSE 100 Informa Group, has an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Analyst to join a team of market-leading experts. Informa Intelligence, is an acquisitive, growing and customer-focused business with smart people who work in a collaborative and flexible environment.
In the Analyst I role, you will deliver insightful research on issues across the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, producing high quality output in the form of reports and briefs. This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate analyst to join a best-in-class brand and develop your career as a market expert.
In this role:
The Analyst I is responsible for the production of high-quality competitive analysis across a broad range of disease markets. Core objectives include:
- Conducting primary and secondary research to create robust clinical and commercial assessments
- SWOT analyses of key marketed and pipeline drugs
- Analyzing current prescribing trends
- Providing insightful commentary on the impact of new trial data/drug approvals
- Forecasting disease landscapes over the next 10 years
- Responding to client Ask the Analyst requests
- Supporting consulting/ad-hoc projects as necessary
These objectives are achieved through a solid understanding of the Informa Intelligence portfolio of solutions and various secondary data sources identified using acquired experience in relevant disease areas.
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences/Biomedical sciences is preferred, but other degrees will be considered
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech company or healthcare consulting/research firm is an advantage but not required
- Previous experience in producing SWOT analyses and drug/market forecasting is an advantage but not required
- Deep knowledge of the drug development process and associated pharmaceutical markets
- Ability to understand drugs' modes of action and the biochemical pathways they influence
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of collecting and curating quality data from multiple sources to produce robust and defendable conclusions.
- Good organizational, time management and priority setting skills, and the flexibility to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically, work independently, and follow instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team both in the office and off site
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all "experts experts" and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.