Martin Marietta - Quivas
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Heavy Equipment Operator (Paving, Patch and Dirt Crews)
Martin Marietta has several openings for Heavy Equipment Operator (Paving and Patch Crews) positions at our operations located in Colorado Springs and Pueblo.
This is a career-type position with a top company with great benefits.
Starting Pay rates are commensurate with skill and experience level.
This position involves operating heavy equipment on the:
- Base/Dirt crew, including, but not limited to, finish blades, graders, compaction rollers, loaders, skid steers, backhoes and water trucks.
- Or paving construction site, including, but not limited to, loaders, skid steers, backhoes, pavers and tack trucks.
- Ensures a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Operates a variety of vehicles and heavy construction equipment
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on equipment; report defects and repairs to maintenance department
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and objects
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Perform well in a “TEAM” environment
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Willing to work hours that are associated to the asphalt industry, including overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Valid driver license is required
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience operating equipment preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Requirements & Conditions
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- And many more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled