Pompano Beach, FL
Home Health Intake Coordinator | Lauderhill, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
Our Client is a Medicare Certified Home Health Care agency providing skilled in-home care services to the geriatric communities of Broward and Palm Beach counties. Our field clinicians deliver compassionate care from the heart of where our clients want to be cared for most- right in the comfort of their home.
We are looking for an LPN or Medical Assistant team player to join us as an Intake Coordinator to be responsible for managing all aspects of patient intake, establishing and maintaining relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and managing the insurance verification and authorization process, and assist in scheduling of staff
The position will be responsible for:
- Receiving and analyzing incoming fax referrals and order calls
- Processes intake timely, ensuring all paperwork is completed
- Prepares accurate end of day reports
- Maintains a call log for all incoming calls
- Researches coverage for each referral
- Verifies PPO commercial policies
- Obtains authorization for visits from Medicaid or insurance as appropriate
- Updates case manager on patient status and need for additional visits throughout the episode of care
- Educates prospective patients, families, physicians, and hospitals regarding home health services/private duty services available
- Serves as a liaison between clinical, marketing and private duty staff
- Will be part of the on-call rotation for after normal business hours and weekends/holidays
- Any other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Requires current Florida LPN license or Medical assistant diploma
- Must have 3-5 Medicare Home Health Care intake or other experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other computer skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills - articulate issues in a clear and concise manner
- Results oriented, dependable, strong team player with Can Do approach, solid work ethic
Applicants will work at our client's facility located at Lauderhill, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.