South Peninsula Hospital
HOME HEALTH SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (PCN 1001)
Posted 22 days ago
Work Hours: Variable
POSITION PURPOSE: Identify and treat communication and swallowing impairments. A Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) seeks to improve communication skills through vocal exercises and cognitive therapies. Patients undergoing treatment with a SLP may have an articulation, language, fluency, resonance or mechanical disorder which prevents patients from being understood, understanding others, or swallowing and managing oral intake. The SLP works with Home Health patients according to the professional standards of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post graduate degree from an accredited university recognized by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is required.
- Two or more years experience in Speech Language Pathology preferred.
- Alaska license in Speech-Language Pathology required.
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Associations Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification is required.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital, which is Homers only Critical Access Hospital and Long Term Care facility. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will also be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining, and seaside accomodations. Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska. You will absolutely love it here!