Home Improvement Manager
House Doctors Handyman are seeking an experienced, qualified and dynamic leader to develop, grow and operate our residential home improvement projects division in Northern Virginia. This role spends time in the field, in the office and at the customer premise. The position drives revenue through customer service and sales and is responsible for overseeing technicians and subcontractors.
Do you have the sales, customer service, team-building and construction skills and experience to help us build our growing business?
- Seven Holidays paid
- Full time role
- Health Insurance
- Discount on home repairs
- Bonus Plan
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
If you have a track record of delivering an experience that customers brag about, we want to speak with you!
The general duties include:
- Develop, operate and grow the residential construction projects division for House Doctors
- Aggressively seek new business.
- Prepare precise estimates and submit estimates in professional manner to customer.
- Manages technician, subcontractor and project performance to project needs.
- Schedule projects, material delivery, equipment, locates and other related construction services and assign and schedule crews and subcontractors
- Implement and enforce all safety requirements
- Enforce company policies and ensure technicians follow House Doctors procedures
- Maintain excellent communications with House Doctors staff, subcontractors and customers
- Prepare weekly goals and summary reports for crew and project performance, new business contacts, estimates, sales, etc.
- Participates in employee and subcontractor recruiting and terminations
- Assist technicians on occasion
- Construction aptitude in the areas of bathroom and kitchen renovation, basement remodeling, decks, and general knowledge of handyman services related to carpentry, painting, drywall repairs, deck repairs, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Strong sales aptitude and able to build revenue
- Project and people management
- Leadership of teams and in support of our culture and goals at House Doctors.
- Ability to evaluate technical performance, work habits, and potential of employees and subcontractors.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- Ability to motivate team and track and measure staff performance and utilization
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English required. Spanish is a plus
- Self-motivated and ability to work one-on-one, as a team and independently