La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a part of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. EMPACT-SPC is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a great opportunity for a part-time Hotline Specialist to join our dynamic department in Tempe. Job responsibilities include providing telephone crisis intervention for callers contacting multiple hotlines. These responsibilities include triaging for immediate safety or emergency medical attention of callers, assessing caller's needs, determining risk assessments, de-escalating callers, providing advocacy and crisis counseling, information, or referrals. In addition, triage for appropriate service referrals such as face-to-face crisis intervention, case management/advocacy services, individual therapy, or group services. Hotline Therapist will assist the hotline clinical coordinator in training new staff.
SHIFT: Saturday, Sunday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm and Monday, Tuesday Noon - 10:00 pm
- Master's degree in Behavioral Health Related field required.
- Previous Crisis Hotline experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations.
- Evening, weekend, and/or overnight hours required.
- Must have valid Fingerprint Clearance Card or be eligible to obtain.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.