Diocese of Tucson
Housekeeper - Cook
Posted 4 days ago
St. Monica Catholic Parish
Job Title: Housekeeper- Cook Classification: Non-exempt
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor is responsible for providing cleaning, laundry and general housekeeping services for the pastor, other clergy, or visiting guests. May include housekeeping at a parish office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in support of the parishs spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employees professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures.
- Clean and maintain the parish residence by dusting, sweeping, mopping, waxing and vacuuming as necessary.
- Provide or arrange for laundry services for the Pastor, clergy and guests as required. Wash and dry clothes and linens, and arrange for dry cleaning.
- Ensure living quarters are clean at all times.
- Work within allotted budget guidelines.
- Respect the privacy of those in residence and maintain confidentiality of parish information.
- Perform other duties as assigned (Cook).
Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability: ability to lift as required in a normal household environment.
Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; climbing ladders
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; must be in full communion with the Church.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- A thorough knowledge of the use of the tools and equipment associated with housekeeping.
- Possess a valid Arizona drivers license
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern housekeeping including hygiene requirements
- Knowledge, skills and experience in handling household equipment and utensils.