Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Maricopa, Arizona, United States
Housekeeper- Housekeeping- Part Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Overall cleaning of the hotel
- Vacuums carpet (daily) and removes stains as necessary
- Washes and cleans walls light fixtures, louvers, ceilings, shelves and outside walls and cement walls
- Operates and controls all mechanical equipment including rotary machines, blowers, wide area vacuums and operating a golf cart
- Recognizes and uses appropriate chemicals
- Assists Room Attendants with stripping beds, emptying trash, bringing fresh linen and other related responsibilities
- Responsible for the distribution of clean linen to both Room Attendant carts as well as linen closets.
- Maintains a neat and clean working environment.
- Picks up soiled linen from Room Attendants carts and returns to the drop room for sorting.
- Sort soiled linen.
- Respond to guest and employee requests
- Responsible for deep cleaning of rooms
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Housepersons may be required to perform the duties of GRAs, Heavy Duty cleaners, Laundry Attendants, & Cleaning Specialists.
- Transports cleaning equipment up and down ramps
- Washes windows inside and out; and cleans outside walls to remove dirt and debris
- Cleans and empties various cleaning equipment including shampooers, buffers and vacuums
- Delivers upon requests guest amenities, i.e. pillows, additional beds, blankets, etc. within established timeframes
- Fold and inspect clean linen.
- Run washer and dryer.
- Maintains laundry area; stocking supplies, cleaning area and organizing
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 1 year of hospitality experience preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be speak, write and understand English.
- Must meet quality & time standards within 90 days of date in job.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must perform duties with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work as a team with other employees.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Friendly, outgoing personality is a must.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to 8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to work in high and low temperatures including but not limited to working outdoors
- Ability to use chemicals without any adverse reactions.
- Ability to use and control various mechanical equipment.
- Ability to tilt head back and look up. Ability to work around dust.
- Ability to perform frequent, circular motions with hands and/or arms.
- Ability to bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, climb, kneel and crouch.
- Visual range must include near and far distances.
- Ability to maneuver in small, limited spaces.
- Must maintain good eye contact.
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).