Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Responsible for maintaining and ordering approved inventories of cleaning supplies. Cleaning of laundries, recreation room, office, models and vacant units. Ensure that all vacant units are in a clean condition prior to move-in.
Housekeeping or cleaning in apartments, hotels or private residences preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms, including shower stalls and floors.
- Ensure kitchen is clean including all parts of range, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave oven and washer and dryer.
- Report to supervisor any appliances, lights or plumbing fixtures not in working order.
- Clean under and behind appliances when applicable.
- Wash all cabinets inside and out and apply furniture polish when applicable.
- Clean bugs from fluorescent fixtures and lights.
- Strip and wax floors when applicable.
- Recommend to supervisor needed repairs or repairs missed by maintenance.
- Wash windows, screens, patio doors, and all tracks.
- Clean and polish furniture when applicable in furnished units.
- Remove stickers, decals, etc., from surface being careful not to damage surface.
- Wash mini-blinds and verticals.
- Clean outside attached storage area, balconies, and patios.
- Dust and clean all doors.
- Clean all floors as necessary.
- Clean light fixtures, exterior included, electrical outlet, and switch plate covers.
- Clean air conditioning and heating covers and vents.
- Clean models and office as directed, on schedule.
- Clean laundry rooms and equipment as scheduled, including lint traps, ash trays, and clean bugs from all light fixtures.
- Keep equipment clean and in good repair.
- Keep inventory of supplies, and advise supervisor on a timely basis for reorder.
- Keep work and storage area in a clean orderly manner.
- Bring any areas of concern to your supervisors attention.
- Assist other departments as needed and specified by supervisor or community manager.
- Maintain Tiempo Customer Service Standards at all times. Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, co- workers and the general public.
- Work 6th day when needed.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL FUNCTIONING REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires the ability to function both inside and outside in all types of weather.
- Medium work that requires lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling a maximum of 50 pounds with frequent lifting and carry requirements up to 25 pounds.
- Requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs.
- Good hand/eye coordination with the ability to perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequence.
- Can from time to time become exposed to atmospheric conditions that could include, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation or other conditions affecting the respiratory system or the skin. Required to follow all MSDS labels and wear gloves and masks to avoid harmful reactions.
TYPES OF MACHINES AND TOOLS REQUIRED TO BE USED:
- Common cleaning tools including, but not limited to, mop, brooms, buckets, pails, vacuum cleaners, scrapers and knives.
- Neat and well groomed and dressed in accordance with Tiempo Personnel Policy and Procedures.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Community Manager. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.