Lincoln Property Company
Virginia Beach, VA
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join Lincoln Military Housing, you will be working along side a team of talented and passionate individuals with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with Lincoln Military Housing, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT. We take pride in serving those who serve us.
A Day in the Life of a Housekeeper:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Housekeeper, you will perform routine cleaning of offices, amenities and surrounding areas in a multifamily residential community. You will operate tools, machinery and other equipment to complete tasks in an efficient manner. Your role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housings quality customer satisfaction standard.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform routine cleaning including; amenities, building exteriors district offices, recreation areas, vacant homes, restrooms and other surrounding areas of the community.
- Removes trash from grounds, office areas, homes and surrounding community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Monitors and cleans restrooms, kitchen areas, and stocks items when needed.
- Maintains floors by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing and polishing as needed.
- Maintains appearance of rooms/buildings by dusting furniture and washing walls, ceiling, woodwork, windows, mirrors, door panels and sills.
- Assists in the preparation of make ready units by performing cleaning duties including; vacuuming, clean and shine all windows, tile, countertops, appliances and other fixtures, removal of trash, etc.
- Maintains appearance of supply room - monitor inventory of supplies such as paper towels, soap, toilet paper.
- Assists maintenance technicians when needed.
- Performs any additional routine cleaning / maintenance on property as requested as needed or directed.
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard tools, equipment and machinery.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies..
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
What You Need for Success:
- Entry level to 6 months of general housekeeping/ maintenance experience.
- Beginning level understanding of grounds maintenance/general cleaning.
- Ability to use tools, cleaning equipment, and other supplies applicable to job requirements.
- Effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction.
- Basic computer skills (able to operate a PC or mobile device).
- Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required).
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 40 lbs.
- May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
- Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident or community events, seminars, and other work-related events.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.