Centers Health Care
University Center is now hiring Housekeeping Aides for our Skilled Nursing Facility in the Bronx, NY.
- Collects, sorts, washes, dries, folds, and distributes all laundry items to residents.
- Labels residents personal laundry and linens as directed.
- Cleans dryer filters as necessary.
- Ensures adequate supply of laundry supplies is in stock.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies are low.
- Keeps laundry carts clean and in good working order.
- Properly stores equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Keeps a log of missing items, and returns them when found.
- Reports any mechanical or equipment needs to the supervisor.
- Reports any questionable resident conditions to supervisor.
- One-year experience working with laundry.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must be able to work weekends
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- A positive and upbeat attitude
University Center is a 46-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the historic and serene neighborhood of the University Heights section of the Bronx. Our small size is unique and it enables us to tailor our care to meet the individual needs of each resident in a homelike environment. Our staff is devoted, loyal and committed to providing optimum quality of care which fosters independence and maintains dignity. University Nursing Home is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.