Mountain View, CA
HR Assistant Job Description
Auto-Chlor System is a leader in commercial dishwashing that provides low carbon footprint solutions for our customers in the Restaurant and Hospitality Industries. With over 100 locations nationwide, we pride ourselves in the high-quality service we give to our customers and employees. We believe that a company is only as good as its people, which is why our culture motto is "People First".
Our Corporate office is now hiring an HR Assistant in Mountain View, CA. This position is full-time, non-exempt. This candidate will be responsible for providing support to the HR team and field employees. Were looking for someone to own the administrative functions and participate in HR projects as needed.
Whats in it for you?
- A people first culture where contribution and collaboration is encouraged and celebrated.
- Monthly company events to recognize hard work and celebrate company wins.
- A competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
- Ongoing wellness initiatives to improve your health and well-being.
What are some of the day to day responsibilities?
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation including employee files, LOA files, Workers comp files and I-9s
- Review new hire documents for completion and accuracy and create new user ticket for email access
- Conduct new hire check-ins and exit interviews
- Schedule drug tests and background checks
- Troubleshoot ATS and HR vendor website issues that may arise and act as a liaison with vendors to resolve system problems
- Obtain approvals for vendor invoices, verify and allocate costs, send to accounts payable for processing
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff
- Coordinate and set-up interviews for candidates
- Update online job posting requirements
- Compile reports and spreadsheets from ADP
- Coordinate logistics for new hire orientations and employee training sessions
- Compile birthday and anniversary spreadsheets for management
- Complete termination paperwork
- Provide administrative support to the HR department
Successful candidate criteria:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have a service minded attitude and willingness to help others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Auto-Chlor System is more than just a company to work for, its a family. We are excited to give you a glimpse into what life and our family is like at Auto-Chlor System! Throughout our 80 year history, Auto-Chlor System has stood on two pillars: Leadership and people. We strive to have a company culture that focuses on our company objectives of People First, High Quality Service ("HQS"), Growth and Expansion. High Quality Service is what we consider to be servant leadership to our people and our customers.
People First means communicating to connect with each other, promoting from within, recognizing efforts and results, having a safety focus to protect our teams, customers and our communities, and a positive work-life balance. At the end of the day, we want to be a good place for people to work and grow. We want to provide opportunities for people to reach their highest potential with good wages and benefits to allow each team member a wholesome lifestyle for themselves and their families.
No matter if you are a potential candidate or just viewing our page, we hope you will share the excitement and results of our People First culture.
Lets have some fun together!