Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
HR Business Partner
Location: Phoenix, AZ
OBJECTIVE AND POSITION SUMMARY
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but will collaborate with several team members and programs across CPLC.
A wide degree of creativity, adaptability, and knowledge is required to meet the challenges faced by this position. Experience with employee relations, conflict management, leadership and employee coaching, and project management is essential to successfully complete the primary functions of this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conducts meetings with respective programs and business units to provide HR guidance as needed or requested for guidance regarding employee relations; HR policies, day-to-day performance management, facilitating staffing changes and disciplinary action.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations as required for human resources matters as needed. Enters all employee relations cases into CPLCs case management system.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of current HR legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, EEOC, DOL, OCR regulations. Ensures proper employee documentation is obtained and maintained for all assigned programs and business units.
- Provides input for business unit growth, restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Actively participates in HR team projects and process improvement efforts.
- Provides monthly progress reports to direct supervisor.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching needs. Collaborates with HR team to create and facilitate trainings.
9. Ensures expenditures do not exceed allocated budget; tracks expenditures to ensure they remain within established guidelines.
10. Maintains record-keeping systems relating to assigned duties.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will minimally hold a Masters Degree in Business, Human Resources, Humanities or a related area and have minimally five (5) years experience resolving complex employee relations and conflict management issues including three (3) years directly relevant HR experience or working within a position where HR duties were a primary function of your job. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may meet the qualifications for this position. Candidate will hold a SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment. PHR or relevant certification, preferred. Candidate must have, or be eligible to obtain, and maintain an Arizona fingerprint clearance card and complete a TB test and receive a TDAP vaccination.
Candidate will have a thorough understanding of Federal and State Employment Law required for Arizona. Understanding of Federal and State Employment Law for California (preferred) with the ability to learn, navigate and apply laws quickly for Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and other areas upon growth. Additionally, candidate will have working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, diversity, and performance management. PC proficiency with various software including Office 365, compensation and HRIS software. Proficiency with ADP preferred.
Experience with leadership and employee coaching, and project management is essential to successfully complete the primary functions of this role. Sound judgment, a commitment to compliance and confidentiality, superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail are essential functions of the HRBP position. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Office Position: This position is both a mobile and a sedentary position with periods of light physical activity, and is performed mostly in office surroundings. Positions typical in nature require regular walking or standing; sitting, lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds; climbing stairs, bending, reaching, holding, grasping and turning objects; and using fingers to operate computer keyboards. This position will require the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing.
Travel: Local, interstate and intrastate travel to Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, will be necessary to successfully fulfill the duties of this position. Candidate must have and maintain a valid drivers license and auto insurance. Technology will be utilized to minimize travel whenever feasible. The travel requirements for this position are anticipated to be 25 to 35 percent assignment depending. Overnight travel must be approved in advance by Department VP.
Continuous Learning: All certifications related to the position at hire, or obtained while employed by CPLC, must be maintained. Candidate will be expected to participate in continuous learning opportunities to maintain competency and enhance skillset. Learning opportunities must be approved by the Department VP.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended or is implied to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. All employees are accountable for understanding and complying with all CPLC corporate policies and procedures as well as any program specific policies and procedures. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.