HR Generalist | Hialeah, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for a HR Generalist to work at a company located in the Hialeah, FL area. This is a 2 months project. The HR Generalist will uphold the values of the department by providing timely and appropriate service to employees, insightful guidance to leadership, and maintaining necessary compliance according to federal and local laws. The position carries both administrative and strategic responsibilities in all/most areas of HR. If the person in the HRG role is a SMEs in a particular area(s), they may hold greater responsibility in the area(s). Therefore, the HRG will understand most areas of HR and may be called upon to assist the Director of People Ops. Being flexible enough to pick up added tasks, balance existing tasks and adapt to this ever-changing environment are key attributes needed to be a successful HRG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate employees on and enforce company policies. Facilitate company processes at all business locations in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries/requests regarding all areas of HR including benefits, policies, etc. in a timely manner by finding solutions to simple questions and escalating more complex issues to the other members of the HR Team, when necessary.
- Manage highly confidential documents and matters to ensure compliance and best practices.
- Conducts employee relations investigations following best practices and ensuring solution is reached quickly and effectively.
- Support the full-cycle recruitment process for most roles including those in the factory. Assist with various assigned tasks to source, screen, interview and select candidates for open positions.
- Prepare, assist and administer portions of the New Hire process including but not limited to New Hire paperwork, background checks, drug tests, data entry, employee file.
- Assist in termination process by executing certain portions such as preparing Separation FAQs and timely desk clean up.
- Perform administrative functions such as prepare new employee files, file documents into appropriate employee files, make photocopies, manage out-going mail, scans and emails documents and along with other clerical functions.
- Stay abreast of changes in HR best practices and makes suggestions for change and improvement, when appropriate.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects such as annual I-9 internal audit, benefits open enrollment, training events, company event planning, culture and engagement events, etc.
- Support and complete other tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Business, Human Resources or relevant field is required. Minimum of 4 years of previous experience in Human Resources or managing sensitive/confidential information is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
- Communication is important: the role needs to communicate clearly and concisely to those it assists. Organized. Conflict management skills. Problem solving skills. Analytical skills. Conceptual thinker. Fluent in both English and Spanish preferred with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a business setting. SHRM knowledge best practices.
- SHRM certification is a plus.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Hialeah, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.