Lincoln Property Company
Newport Coast, CA
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join Lincoln Military Housing, you will be working along side a team of talented and passionate individuals with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with Lincoln Military Housing, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT. We take pride in serving those who serve us.
Lincoln Military Housing is seeking an experienced, dedicated, highly collaborative, and personable professional with human resources experience to support the organizations VP of Human Resources and VP/Assistant General Counsel. The HR Specialist is responsible for sustaining an effective support structure for the human resources functions as well as assisting with legal functions by managing specific processes, including managing legal files, corporate documents and document templates; inputting and processing confidential HR information; organizing and coordinating various legal and HR tasks in a highly professional manner using discretion across a variety of activities; and providing high-level administrative solutions and quality support as requested.
The HR Specialist must be detail-oriented, able to handle confidential matters with professionalism and discretion, anticipate needs, work independently, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Human Resources Support:
- Assist with HR activities related to employee relations, discipline and the termination process.
- Review and edit disciplinary documents, leave of absence and other employment processes.
- Gather, review and analyze internal records to support employment and privacy-related audits and litigation activity
- Assist with meetings or training around employee relations / legal compliance.
- Assist with additional legal research and support as requested by the VP HR
- Edit and proofread employment and other personnel documents.
- Conduct workforce planning and organizational analytics, including data gathering and data management.
- Handle various administrative tasks, ad-hoc legal, employment and compliance projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist with the coordination of company legal matters per the direction of the General Counsel.
- Pro-actively design legal file management systems, maintain original legal files, corporate documents and legal opinions.
- Provide legal administrative support relating to the activities of the General Counsel, including drafting and sending preservation notices, legal correspondence, preparing and revising external and internal legal presentations, and undertaking research.
- Undertake legal coordination tasks as requested, including contract review, tracking and management.
- Assist the General Counsel with scheduling meetings and travel, including preliminary research, preparing briefing packages and providing meeting materials as necessary.
- Assist with additional legal research and support as requested by the General Counsel.
- Edit and proofread legal documents.
- Exercise good judgment to effectively manage multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Attend, participate and document conference calls and meetings.
- 5+ years human resources experience in a corporate environment
- Prior experience in a law firm, a plus but not required.
- General knowledge of employment law
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to follow through on assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with other departments and internal stakeholders on legal and human resources matters
- Solid, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and detail orientation
- Ability to trouble-shoot and independently solve problems
- Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality
- Confidence and flexibility with excellent interpersonal, collaborative and partnership development skills to work successfully with employees across all departments
- Strong general computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office business software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Internet usage
- Experience with electronic calendaring (Google) meeting invites, Go to Meetings, Zoom, etc.
- Experience working across multiple time zones
- Bachelors degree preferred
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options, programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.