La Frontera EMPACT
Human Resources Assistant
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Human Resources Assistant provides professional human resources services to employees and management of the Agency. Provides support in functional areas of a human resources department, which may include personnel records, benefits administration, organization development, recruitment, and training.
- Assist with pre-hire activities and onboarding processes: creates onboarding packets, coordinates execution and delivery of offer letters, updates new hire checklists, etc. Verify I9 documentation and maintain records in accordance with the Department of Homeland Security and other federal requirements.
- Input new employees, as well as timely and accurate updates of employee change requests, updates HR Spreadsheet with change requests, and processes paperwork.
- Maintain employee files and HR Information Systems (HRIS). Maintain current organizational charts and provide headcount and other reports as necessary. Audit and maintain employee files ensuring files reflect updated policy acknowledgements, updated employment required information (fingerprint clearance cards, liability insurance, licensures, performance evaluations, job descriptions, etc).
- Conduct benefits enrollment for new employees, process COBRA events, and reconciles benefit statements. Provide other HR staff updates on any benefit statement discrepancy to ensure timely follow up and resolution.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation related to all personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, performance evaluations, change of status, and termination.
- Complete all employment/income verifications & follow up with staff to ensure timely fingerprint and licensure renewals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the organization through knowledge of/work in multiple areas of Human Resources.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Recommend or initiate programs, actions or services to enhance HR value to Agency.
- Associates degree: Human Resources or related field required; or High school diploma and 4-5 years Human Resources experience; or equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources Director.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the principles and practices of human resources administration in the areas of HRIS and data management, benefits, HR reporting, FMLA.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply local, state, federal rules and regulations related to HR.
- Effective communicator: written, verbal, interpersonal, presentations, meeting facilitation.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, ability to Multi-task, work well under pressure, ability to meet deadlines, background in HR, payroll, and/or benefits, must have general administrative background and be flexible to assist in other areas.