Silver Spring, MD
Human Resources Business Partner
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Banks Values are: Relationships FIRST: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The Human Resources Business Partner supports the company's strategic goals in the areas of performance management, employee engagement, reward and recognition programs, employee development, HR policies and procedures, employee relations, and change management. Develops relationships by understanding the business, challenges, opportunities and needs of the internal customer. Enhances and maintains those relationships by coaching and advising employees and managers on HR related topics.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides consultation to managers and employees on employee relations issues, Human Resources policies, procedures, standards, laws and regulations. Reviews complaints and documentation, conducts investigations, and recommends solutions. Responds to requests from unemployment, EEOC, MCCR, etc. Maintains tracking of issues and concerns.
- Identifies, develops and implements engagement and retention strategies for a diverse workforce. Manages the employee engagement surveys to include, analyzing the data, driving/monitoring action plans and tracking results. Monitors turnover data and implement programs to address issues/concerns.
- Develops and coordinates recognition programs; ensuring managers are trained on the tools and resources and track results.
- Implements career development programs and coaches managers on employee career counseling, developing individual development plans and implementing other programs and tools to support employee development..
- Maintains the Employee Handbook and ensures policies are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensures all employees have received training on the updated policies.
- Facilitates the semi-annual performance management process to include but not limited to, coaching managers and employees on writing effective goals, tracking progress, writing communications and monitoring performance improvement plans.
- Partners with Training and Development team to develop specialized training needs such as, performance management, behavioral interviewing, harassment, et
- Consults with HR specialists on matters such as, succession planning, leave administration, compensation, and employee transfers and promotions.
- Works with department leaders on workforce planning, productivity metrics, staffing resources., etc.. Consults with Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition Teams to address workforce needs and assist leaders in attracting and retaining talent..
- Provides back up coverage to other team members when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year college degree in related field of study such as: Human Resources, Business, Management, Psychology, etc. Two years of human resources experience may be substituted for each one year of college.
- Minimum five (5) years Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner experience with emphasis in employee relations, engagement, development, retention and recognition.
Preferred Experience, Certifications, Licenses:
- PHR/SPHR Preferred.
- Previous experience working in a banking environment preferred.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of employment, employee relations and the laws that govern these areas.
- Excellent consultative, influencing, analytical, organizational, and diplomacy skills.
- Conflict resolution and coaching skills to effectively manage employee relations issues.
- Ability to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of performance management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of compensation/salary administration and benefits
- Good computer skills including MS Office, proficient with Excel.
- Strong ability to lead/train others.