THE CENTER FOR HEALTH CARE SERVICES
San Antonio, TX
Human Resources Generalist
Our Team is currently seeking two (2) positions:
- One with emphasis in Recruiting/Employee Relations
- One with emphasis in Compensation & Benefits
Under direction, is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office with a variety of client departments by interpreting, administering and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and labor law as well as with CHCS policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Generalist is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in the Business Units within any of the following disciplines: recruiting, staffing, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
· Develops and executes recruiting plans to ensure the timely execution of On Boarding practices and serves as primary contact throughout the On Boarding process.
· Partners with management, to include face to face meetings, to efficiently and effectively fill open positons including screen applicants and/or conducting prescreening interviews for position requirements.
· Conducts regular follow-up with management to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
· Maintains a heavy administrative process i.e. posting positions, conducting background checks, reporting, oversees the maintenance and administration of the recruiting application tracking system.
· Tracking all Human Resources key performance indicators and dashboarding. Keeping the Business Unit leaders apprised of KPI’s and HR Metrics
· Researches, and uses social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
· Attends career fairs, virtual fairs, and networks with industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, employees and stays informed of trends.
· Assists in the coordination of the CHCS New Employee Orientation (NEO) Program.
· Resolves management and/or employee issues by investigating complaints and concerns, evaluating, and offering possible courses of action, providing advice, guidance, and direction that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, or government law.
· Advises management of employee relation situations that my adversely affect the best interest of CHCS and makes recommendations for corrective action.
· Educates and assists employees on benefits policies, procedures, and programs.
· Acts as liaison between employees and providers for non-routine situations by researching, interpreting and resolving issues and questions regarding benefits policies.
· Prepares, reviews, and analyzes reports, records and documents for all insurance plans that are required for the benefit program.
· Applies and interprets HRIS requirements and is SME on Benefit transactions affecting all other aspects of employee master data.
· Coordinates continuation of benefits for employees on FML program.
· Assists employees with short term and long term disability claims.
· Assists beneficiaries with life insurance claims.
· Conducts, prepares and reviews benefit surveys
· Applies and interprets human resources, benefit plans, policies & procedures and Federal, State and local requirements
· Assists in the coordination of employee communication, Open Enrollment meetings and preparation of the Employee Benefits Manual with TPA
· Conducts salary market surveys for continued maintenance of CHCS pay structure
· Creates and revises job descriptions when necessary including analysis of salary requirements
· Conducts, prepares and reviews compensation surveys.
· Coordinates employee status changes, in relation to employee actions such as internal hires, demotions, pay, budget allocations and supervisory assignments
· Coordinates the retirement program including assisting termed employees with funds distribution through Third Party Administrator.
· Coordinates employee loan requests through Third Party Administrator
· Prepares retirement uploads and prepares associated reports and metrics data.
· Prepares and delivers the New Hire Orientation presentation for benefits, retirement, employee relations and other items as needed.
- · Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business or other related field
Three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources or related field.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage, be able to travel as needed, and be able to meet on a consistent basis the driving record requirements of the Company’s auto insurance carrier if you drive your vehicle during company business. Must maintain required credentials and mandatory training requirements to ensure compliance with all State regulations and CHCS policies PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR Professional certification
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES Knowledge of: • Human Resources policies and procedures • Applicable software applications • Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment Skill in: • Customer service and ensuring all employee and manager questions are answered in a timely and consistent manner • Organization and time management • Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature • Performing basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and ratios Ability to: • Build and promote programs • Conduct research • Perform analysis • Run accurate reports • Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing • Establish and maintain effective working relationships • Maintain accurate and complete records • Meet schedules and deadlines of the work • Understand and carry out oral and written directions • Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files • Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
M-F 830a to 530p Exempt